Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Roundup


So this weekend was my family's annual camping trip. We went to my Aunt and Uncle's cabin in process that sits right along the North Umpqua River in Southern Oregon.

It was very nice to see everyone again. I usually see them at Christmas and on our camping trip every year, but because of some wicked snow and ice this past Christmas, we didn't get to see them. So it was very nice to finally get to see everyone.

We spent the day hanging around the unlit fire pit and just visited.

We spent some time wandering along the river bank yesterday and today and I got the whole family building Inukshuk's all along the riverbank. I read about them in the book The Chosen One and have been fascinated by them ever since. So I built the two in my picture and my husband built 3 and our kids each built two. So we left the river with a whole family of them guarding it.

We got home and I got the stew my honey was begging for all prepared and cooking to simmer all afternoon and now I'm settling in for an evening of rest, relaxation and hopefully some more reading.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and good vibes for your week to come!

0 comments: