Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Roundup



















So it's been a fairly uneventful weekend for us. Saturday we worked on our backyard some, it was really looking bad. It's a huge backyard, more like a field really and I was sick of looking at it. We mowed down what used to be our garden and then had our oldest mow the backyard. My honey used the weed eater around the fence which was almost too much for his back and cooked dinner. I was the one that mowed down the garden area and I also clean off the deck and our deck furniture. I also put soil in some planters we bought and planted, a beefsteak tomato, cherry tomato, jalapeno and bell pepper plants in those. I still have to buy some strawberry for the other planter I have yet to use.

Sunday I went on my weekly walk with friends at a local park It was a very nice walk and it's a beautiful sunny day which made it nicer. The company was good as usual. That combination makes for a good walk indeed.

My son dad called and is looking to get him this summer. It's our usual agreement, only he's 16 now and had friends/Girlfriend he doesn't want to leave and is not the least bit happy with us right now. I've told him we'll cut the summer in half but he's still not happy. I'm thinking this will be the last summer and by next year he'll almost be 18 and he'll refuse to go. I'll feel bad for his dad then. I would hate not too see my kid. Part of me feels really bad for my son too. I remember I stopped going to see my dad when I was 14. I just wouldn't go and he lived an hour away. My son's dad lives 8 hours away so it's even harder for him to just see him whenever he wants. I just don't know how it's gonna turn out this time around.

Anyhow that's about all that happened this weekend. Next weekend we are planning on camping again and I can't wait. I swear camping has become my happy place. The scary thing it I'm becoming my mother *shiver*.

0 comments: