Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Book Gluttony

Mariel suggested this week’s question

Book Gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you have run out of things to read?


Just Call me a book glutton! I am totally addicted to buying books. Don't get me near a bookstore or you could lose me for hours. Only once in the last few months did I go into a bookstore and come out of it empty handed. 99.9% of the time if I wander into one, I will come out with at least one if not more, books in my hand. I tend to stop by a bookstore once a week. Especially if I've had a particularly bad or stressful day. The smell of books calms me I swear. I have a TBR pile probably getting close to 40ish books. Granted I always have a book I am reading and one I am listening too. So it's not like I buy and never read. I do read but I never have an empty TBR pile.

Being a book glutton isn't always a bad thing. My husband reads/listens to books all the time. My son, who has to read for English at school, has discovered a love of reading. It's no longer a chore to get him to read, he now reads for his log willingly and sometimes he reads even when he doesn't have too. My youngest is an advanced reader but just hasn't been bitten by the reading bug just yet. Once you get her going, she can finish a book in no time. It's the getting her going that is a chore.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish my TBR pile was only 40 books! I think I have about 800 unread books in my house...but I've never counted because I don't really want to know!

gautami tripathy said...

I know what you mean. Calming effect by the smell of books!

Book gluttons, are we?