Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

New Book Loot

If anyone happens to stumble across this page, you will soon find out that I am totally addicted to books and reading. I have so many books that I own shelved all around my house and some that are boxed up because I have no more room for them. Occasionally I will post about new books I've added to my growing collection.

I had a 40% off coupon for Borders, so I picked up the newly paperback release of Scott Westerfeld's Extras. Then I found a book in the clearance bins that looked good so I grabbed that one too. It's called Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.




Today was the first day of our local library's book sale. They hold it twice a year and I usually find a few books that look good. On top of that I tend to pick up books that are out of my normal reading realm, so I like to think I'm broadening my horizons with these purchases.

Lets see I got: The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve, While I Was Gone by Sue Miller, Swollen by Melissa Lion, Memory Boy by Will Weaver, Three Junes by Julia Glass, Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly, and Dragonflies & Dinosaurs by Kate Austin.






Hmm I wonder if there is an easier way to add pictures and make them line up nicely. They way they have loaded is almost more than I can bear. Yes I can be a tad OCD at times. I like things to look symmetrical and neat. The blogger tool has kinda strewn them about. I find I can cut and paste but not move to where I want after the paste. Hmm oh well, I don't think I'll be doing too many of these posts and by the time I do the next one, I might have learned a thing or two about Blogger.

All in all I got 9 books for around $13.50 today. Not too shabby at all.

In other news, my car decided to make this horrendous grinding noise and after sitting for an hour at Les Schwab for an estimate, I find out my wheel bearing is bad. Lucky me, I work at an auto shop that can fix it for me a hella lot cheaper than anyone else will charge. I guess it could been worse.

Because I spent the afternoon at the tire place, I had to change my appointment with Comcast to come out to Monday. I hope I can keep this one, I had to change it twice already and all I really need them to do is check the line signal to make sure we are getting the strength we need through them. I think we have water built up somewhere that is slowing it down and causing intermittent outages.

So I am thinking positive thoughts for the rest of the weekend.

0 comments: