Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Love Wednesdays


They mean my work week is half over and that's always a good thing. It's also a weight lifting day for me, which is my favorite work out class I take. Work has been pretty decent this week so far. *Knocks on Wood*

It is a launch week at my gym. That means new music and new routines. It also means I will sore as shit tomorrow and the next day. I took an hour long nap this afternoon and got up in time to go to the class tonight. It was a good thing too. Naps in the middle of the day always leave me groggy when I get up. Working out always wakes me up and gives me energy. Always a good way to finish my evening.

I really want to finish my book that I am reading. I have less than 100 pages left to read and I'm anxious to finish it up. Mark was giving me so much shit last night because I read all night. He was only joking tho. Instead I'm playing Warhammer with some friends.

I am reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. The book is fantastic! Although there are times where I'm not entirely sure I know what is going on, the story still pulls you into it and keeps you wanting to find out how it ends. In the last nine months, I have become a huge, huge fan of his. I've read/listened to just about everything he's written, outside of Sandman. I especially love his audio book narrations. There is just something about how he reads them that I just love. It's actually how I've read most of his books. I would rather listen to him read me his book than read it myself.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about checking it out. Hell I would recommend any of his books, including Sandman. If you like audio books, I would recommend them even more.

1 comments:

Jess said...

Many bloggers love Gaiman's work so I went and put the first Sandman graphic novel on hold at the library. Glad you are enjoying American Gods.