Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Unread


In the perfect follow-up to last week’s question, as suggested by C in DC:

Is there a book that you wish you could “unread”? One that you disliked so thoroughly you wish you could just forget that you ever read it?


That's a difficult question for me. I'm naturally very choosy about what I read. Often times, if I'm not sure on a book, I will research around, until I am. I will say there have been a few along the way that slipped through, that I didn't care for or just didn't understand. In reality every book I read is a journey of sorts for me, and for the most part it's a journey I enjoy.



6 comments:

Missy B. said...

I never thought about each book being "a journey" but you are totally right...great answer!

Jess said...

After about 100 pages if I don't like a book I just stop reading. I use this method because I don't research my reads like you do, I am willing to try any book for at least 100 pages.

Literature Crazy said...

I also find, now that I'm being a little more selective in what I read, I'm not disappointed nearly that often.

Shari said...

I'm very choosy too! I like to know what I am getting into. The ones that slip through tend to be ones that I can't avoid - like a book club read. But you often learn a lot, and sometimes more, from these.

Melissa said...

I'm pretty choosy about books too, but sometimes you find one that just doesn't live up to expectations.

Nise' said...

I've got a 50 page rule. I am an impulse book chooser.