Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Roundup




















It has been a fairly quiet weekend. I have not done much other than going to a friends house to watch a UFC fight on pay per view.

I didn't go on my usual Sunday walk today. My legs are pretty sore from the two Kick classes I took last week and the Power class I took on Friday.

The awesome picture above is a skylight in a place called Ape Caves in Washington. We went a couple of years ago and I have to say it was a fantastic experience. The lower caves is real easy one hour long hike down and back up and if you're feeling really adventurous you can hike the upper caves it's approximately the same length but it's full of rock pile after rock pile you have to climb up and over and a 8 foot wall you have to scale up. It took us 2.5 hours to hike the upper caves and then another 25 min to hike back down the mountain trail once we got out. The picture is right near the end of the caves and by the time you get to it, you are so glad to see daylight. Our family had a fantastic time that day and hope to go back and do it again soon.

Have you ever had a day when you gotta finish a book but find that you keep getting distracted by every little thing? That's my day today. I need to finish 100 pages, which for me is nothing really. But at the rate I'm going it will literally take me all dang day to finish. I pick the book up read 3 pages and get distracted. My mind is just all over the place today and it's driving me insane. This post is the very evidence of my distractions. I started reading and the next thing I know I'm thinking jeez I need to get my Sunday post done and here I am writing it up. If this keeps up I will be up all night reading.

I must get this book finished...

I hope everyone had a great weekend and read-a-thons and here's to a great week ahead!

5 comments:

Book Bird Dog said...

Can empathize re the feeling of having to get a certain number of pages read. This weekend I managed to get a couple things done. Head my way to see what I've been reading: Persian Girls

Terra said...

This photo is of a very mystical and misty place; thank you for sharing it. It looks like a cavern that could shelter a wizard, or a Lord of the Rings character.
Congratulations on your exercising; I exercise in a warm pool and by walking which is very sedate compared to you. But all exercising is good for body and soul.

Ryan said...

I am packing my bags and visiting the caves tomorrow (actually I wish I was).

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

What a great picture... it looks like a scene out of The Lord Of The Rings... or Narnia. :)

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Ok...LOL I just read Terra's post after I submitted mine... how funny we both thought the same thing!