Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

"Dear Madame," the letter read. "Although we remain appreciative of your continued attempts to bring a feminine touch to the world of aeronautics, the Royal Society of Aviation regrets to inform you that your design shall fly only once swine have taken to the skies."

Arcadia Snips and the Steamwork Consortium - Robert C. Rodgers pg1

23 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Like that!

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

Unknown said...

This is hilarious! Great teaser :)

Here's mine

Alice said...

That's hilarious! Haha!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

Sheesh, don't hold back or anything.

Great teaser.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great teaser! Haven't heard of this book.

Jo-Jo said...

Boy, that would have been a discouraging letter to receive...great teaser!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, this sounds interesting! Once swine can fly, eh?

My teaser is here:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful teaser! Perfect. ;)

Now I must go look up this book...

fredamans said...

Good teaser!

Here's mine: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Very interesting teaser - love the humor, sorry for her disappointment and I want to know what she designed.

Anonymous said...

Interesting!!! here is mine:
http://sumanam.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/teaser-tuesdays-7/

Jennifer said...

Well then! Great teaser. Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/nine-dragons-teaser-tuesdays.html

kayerj said...

sounds funny. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Kristi said...

Funny teaser!

Calico Crazy said...

A teaser and a giggle, I will have to check this one out. My teaser is here.

Cecelia said...

Haha! Love it...the fancy way of saying 'when pigs fly.' I may have to use that sometime soon...
Also - STEAMPUNK! So completely awesome! I'm just getting into the genre myself. Great teaser!

Thanks for coming by my blog earlier!

Anonymous said...

Hahah that's a great teaser! I haven't heard of this book, but it looks good.

Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

Lizzy said...

Ouch! Great teaser haha. This book sounds really interesting, I'm definitely going to look into it.

Allison Vaughn said...

Oh my gosh! LOL! Nicely written!

Allison
My Teaser: http://www.wellreadreviews.com/blog/?p=1317

Tena said...

Classic!!

here is mine:
http://5150bookslut.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday-10132009.html

christine said...

Oh my, tell us what your really think! This is a great teaser!

Anonymous said...

Awesome teaser.

s said...

:)