Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

A New Challenge


I first saw this on a book blog someone and for the life of my sick cold muddled mind, I can't remember where. Anyhow I've decided to join up.

In reality it should be fairly easy for me to do but I like the idea of doing a fitness challenge with other folks.

Click on the picture to take you to the challenge page.

Here’s how it works:
In order to complete this Challenge, you will need to “travel” 100 miles from October 1st through December 31st.

Here's how you calculate your mileage:
*Running or walking 1 mile outside or on a treadmill equals 1 mile.

*15 minutes of other workouts equals 1 mile (elliptical, swimming, weight lifting, workout video, workout classes, etc.).

I will update the post when I've done a workout or walked on my treadmill at home until I reach the 100 mile mark.

I will be starting a bit late due to this horrid little cold, but I hope by the end of the week I can get started on my 100 mile journey.

3 comments:

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hey Zia! I so need to join this challenge!! Maybe I can think of a good reward if I do it! :) Like buying some books! HA!
Sure hope your cold goes away QUICKLY!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Ooh I like it! Anything to keep me motivated - really!

Ashley said...

Good luck! I just started yesterday and I'm up to 5 miles! I'm so excited to keep going!