Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend Roundup



















This last week kind of sucked but the weekend made up for some of it. We went and saw Sick Puppies again in this tiny little venue an hour south of our town. This time we took our kids. It was our 12 year old's first rock concert and she had a blast. The pic above was the best of the night and it summed up our night well. It is of the lead singer, Shim, being crowd surfed back to the merch table to do autographs. They put on a great, energetic show and it was well worth seeing them for a second time. I hope to get a chance to see them again in the future. Outside of reading, music is a big thing for me. I love all kinds and love going to shows, even if sometimes I feel too old until I get there and see people even older than me rockin' out lol.

I got some reading done this week and by the end of the afternoon will have at least one book finished. I also read the chapters for next weeks First Look discussion and got a few cd's done of Catching Fire.

I hope everyone had a good week last week and I hope the upcoming one will be good as well.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Impressive list, here is my Monday: http://jacaburintexas.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-june.html

jackie b central texas

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

That is just too cool. You get to go to some sweet concerts. I am glad you have such a wonderful time at these. Glad to hear you got some reading done too. Hope you have another great week, and less rain... as I think we are getting it now. :)