Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A to Z Wednesday

Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!
To join, here's all you have to do:
Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.
Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)
4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments
If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.
Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.
(We all love comments, don't we?)
Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: S

My "S" book is:

Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers

Synopsis (B&N)

Climbing to the top of the social ladder is hard—falling from it is even harder. Regina Afton used to be a member of the Fearsome Fivesome, an all-girl clique both feared and revered by the students at Hallowell High... until vicious rumors about her and her best friend's boyfriend start going around. Now Regina's been "frozen out" and her ex-best friends are out for revenge. If Regina was guilty, it would be one thing, but the rumors are far from the terrifying truth and the bullying is getting more intense by the day. She takes solace in the company of Michael Hayden, a misfit with a tragic past who she herself used to bully. Friendship doesn't come easily for these onetime enemies, and as Regina works hard to make amends for her past, she realizes Michael could be more than just a friend... if threats from the Fearsome Foursome don't break them both first.

Tensions grow and the abuse worsens as the final days of senior year march toward an explosive conclusion in this dark new tale from the author of Cracked Up To Be.

This is in my TBR pile. I've heard great things about it.

9 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like an intense read! Here is my "S" book.

Kim said...

This sounds VERY intense. I was the victim of being frozen out of a group for the last month of 9th grade. Those were the worst weeks of all my public school years---weeks that I still remember quite vividly 34 years later!

*smiles*
(My S is up: http://pageafterpage-kim.blogspot.com/2010/06/wednesdays-letter-s.html )

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, that brings back memories of high school!

I love that cover...

Here's mine:

http://laurel-rain-outonalimb.blogspot.com/2010/06/z-wednesday_15.html

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds like a great book. I'll have to check into it. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/z-wednesday_16.html

fredamans said...

I've heard good things too. Happy reading!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/to-z-starts-with-s.html

Michelle said...

Sounds like a very sad book.

My `S` is up:

http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/sacrifice-by-beverly-lewis.html

jlshall said...

Yes, it does sound very intense. Hope you enjoy it. Not sure this is one for me, though. I didn't even like reading about high school when I was in high school!

Here's my "S" book.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good!

Thanks for playing!

Nise' said...

This was an eye opening read, very well done about an ever-so awful subject.

Kim, I can sympathize with you, my daughter was victim to the same thing in 8th grade and it was just as awful for me as it was for her! Thankfully, those girls (after growing up) have come to her and apologized for their behavior.