Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

I've been in this city five days. Slept in this cellar three. Already I've seen people sink pretty low and not think twice about it.

Becoming Cloe - Catherine Ryan Hyde pg.1

16 comments:

Kaye said...

Ha! makes me want to know where and why. Good teaser!

Here is my TT with link to a giveaway of the teaser book.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a fun few days. Good teaser.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a lousy start but a good way to set the scene of adversity.

here is mine

Marg said...

Great teaser. I want to know more.

I have two teasers this week!

audreyscountrycrafts said...

This sounds good! Great Teaser! New author for me, but will check out the book.
HERE is my teaser for this week.

Aimee said...

Nice teaser! Sounds interesting!

My teaser is here.

Alayne said...

Sounds intriguing. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Kathy Martin said...

I do want to know more about this book. Is it realistic? Is it urban fantasy? I'll have to check it out. Mine is clearly fantasy. My teaser is from Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a depressing couple of sentences. Great teaser, though! My teaser this week comes from a short story collection called The Name of the Nearest River by Alex Kava. It also includes a link to a giveaway of last week's Tuesday Teaser Title (Damaged by Alex Kava). Here's the link.

fredamans said...

Wonder if it is based in Hamilton... lol... great teaser!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser_14.html

Book Soulmates said...

Sounds like she's off to a rough start =/

Here are our teasers this week!

Have a great day!
♥Isalys

Emma Michaels said...

Love the teaser. I saw this at the library but decided not to get it, not I think I will the next time I go. Hope you will check out my teaser on My Blog

E.J. Stevens said...

Sounds dark. Great Teaser! My Teaser is here.

Happy reading. :)

xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows

Tiina said...

That's a good one. Makes me want to know more.

My teaser is here, if you want to take a look: http://abookblogofonesown.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-picture-of-dorian-gray.html

Greetings,
Tiina

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your book. I'm reading Peppermints in the Parlor.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Interesting teaser. I hadn't heard of this book before. Hope you are enjoying it. :)