Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

Weeks ushers me into a high-ceilinged, narrow room with a stone floor. It has a row of windows like slits, high up in one wall, and along the opposite wall are shelves stacked with linen. A musty smell pricks my nose, a smell of unwashed clothes and damp.

Wildthorne - Jane Eagland (this is in ebook format unsure of exact page. Also it's an arc teaser subject to change on final printing.)

21 comments:

Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said...

Sounds intriguing.

Here's my teaser this week - from a classic.

Unknown said...

Curious. What is that room for and why is she there ?

Mine's from Empress by Karen Miller.

Shelley Munro said...

That does pique the curiosity.

Here’s My Teaser

Darlyn said...

Is she doing laundry?Curious.

Here’s mine;

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-stake-that.html

Happy Tuesday!

Lillie (AliseOnLife) said...

I've been thinking of adding this to my TBR. Good teaser!

This is what I have this week.

Marg said...

Would like to find out more about this one!

My teaser is from To Say Nothing of the Dog this week.

Kaye said...

Is she just getting the tour or is Weeks up to something nefarious? Hmmmm . . interesting! Here's my teaser and giveaway .

Vanessa said...

Nice teaser! I wonder what's going on...

This week, my Teaser Tuesday is featuring my books chosen for Once Upon A Week!

Anne said...

That's why I can't find it in Amazon.

Intriguing. Here's mine.

gautami tripathy said...

Sounds interesting..

Teaser Tuesday: the Language of Trees by Ilie Ruby

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds almost like a cell of some kind...fascinating.

Here's mine:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/teaser-tuesdays-18/

Kristin said...

Great descriptive writing...I feel like I'm walking in with her.

Here's my teaser.

Michelle said...

Great teaser!
I can just imagine that musty smell.

My teaser is here:
http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/08/love-finds-you-in-victory-heights.html

Alayne said...

Yeah that smell is definitely vivid. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Aleksandra said...

Wow, great teaser! I have this one on my wishlist :) Happy reading!

fredamans said...

Great teaser!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser.html

Lori said...

I hope that you are enjoying your book.Here's my Tuesday Teaser

Cecelia said...

Perhaps it's the laundry room? I've been meaning to look for this book. Nice teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Harvee said...

Sounds like a very British book! The name does! Nice tease. Here's mine.

Anonymous said...

Hope she doesn't have to do laundry.

My teaser is here.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

oooh creepy in a good way! i want to read this one!