Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Roundup




















It has been nothing short of a beautiful weekend here in Oregon. I can't remember the last time we had 60 degree sunny weather in the middle of February.

Saturday I went on a walk with my oldest son at a local park by our house and got to take some pictures with my new camera. It was an enjoyable time.

Last night we went over to our friends to watch the UFC 110 and visit. I missed some of the fights this time because one of my friends and I couldn't stop gabbing with each other. But I enjoyed the gabbing so much I didn't mind missing some of the fights.

I woke up this morning and my first thought was, let's go hiking at Silver Creek Falls and I could take more pictures. That quickly changed to, I want to go to the coast instead. That's the great thing living where I do. One hour or two one way is great camping, skiing etc. and one hour the other way is this beautiful coastline.

The picture above was taken this afternoon. I can't believe how warm it was there today. Bright blue, clear skies. Warm, light breeze. It doesn't get much better than that in the middle of summer let alone February. Very rare. I'm glad I talked my honey into driving us up there today.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm so jealous of your weather right now, today we had cold wind and snow. Even I'm getting a little tired of it.

Wrighty said...

So beautiful!! Our temps were in the 40s in NY and it felt like a heat wave. I am so ready for spring!