Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Stranger You Seek - A Review

The Stranger You Seek - Amanda Kyle Williams (publisher)

Synopsis:

The papers have called me a monster. You’ve either concluded that I am a braggart as well as a sadist or that I have a deep and driving need to be caught and punished.    
 
In the sweltering heat of an Atlanta summer, a killer is pushing the city to its breaking point, preying on the unsuspecting, writing taunting letters to the media, promising more death. Desperate to stop the Wishbone Killer before another victim meets a shattering end, A.P.D. lieutenant Aaron Rauser turns to the one person he knows can penetrate a deranged mind: ex–FBI profiler Keye Street.
 
And you must certainly be wondering if I am, in fact, the stranger you seek.
 
Keye was a rising young star at the Bureau until addiction derailed her career and her life. Now sober and fighting to stay so, Keye picks up jobs where she can get them: catching adulterers, serving subpoenas, chasing down bailjumpers, and dodging the occasional bullet. With multiple victims, little to go on, and an entire police force looking for direction, the last thing Keye wants is to be pulled into the firestorm of Atlanta’s worst nightmare.
 
Shall I convince you?


My Thoughts:


Where to start. It took me a bit to get into this book and in fact almost put it down, but something kept nagging at me pushing me forward with it. I have to say I'm glad I stuck it out. It ended up being a really good mystery with twists and turns just about everywhere you looked.  


Keye Street is a tough, alcoholic ex FBI turned Bounty Hunter/Private Investigator. I like her she's sassy and quick witted if sometimes a tad bit too trusting. Watching her and Rauser dance around each other made the book even better. These characters have great chemistry together and I loved watching their interactions.


So bottom line on the book. Serial killer having his or her way with several victims. I'll be honest I spend the entire book never really having a clue who it was until the very end. That says a lot about a book. It kept me guessing. Best part about the book.


Author's Website: Amanda Kyle Williams

2 comments:

Harvee said...

Gladit kept you guessing, the mark of a good book!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great to hear it kept you wondering on who it was. :) And that you stuck it out. Thanks!