Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Line - A Review

The Line - Teri Hall (bought)

Synopsis:


When Rachel and her mother move to Mrs. Moore's house-the one with the greenhouse, right next to the Line-Rachel starts questioning things. There are so many rumors of horrible things that lie beyond the Line-in a place called Away-but no one dares to talk about it. And it's no use asking questions- especially of Mrs. Moore, who has always lived by the Line, or of her mother, who is just happy to have a place to stay, especially since Rachel's father died in the war. But then Rachel comes across a recorded message-one that could only have come from Away. And the voice on the recorder is asking for help. As things start to unravel, the question becomes, how far is Rachel willing to go to cross the Line and do the right thing?


My Thoughts:


I love the premise of this book but once I got it and started reading, I have to admit the doubts kicked in a bit. However it didn't take too long for me to change my mind and I really ended up enjoying the book. I just put it down a few minutes ago and I now I want book two.


Imagine living in a world where you're borders are sealed. There's no way out. The governments says it's for your own protection but is it really? The idea of sealed borders kind of freaks me out. This is Rachels life born after the line went up. Told of stories of the Away and the Others. Scary horror stories of what is on the other side. But Rachel is a curious girl, always questioning. I liked that about her. 


I will say book one was more of a build up book. Giving life to the characters more than creating much action. That comes later in the book. I will say you might want to have book 2 on hand before you pick this one up. Book one leaves a gazillion questions unanswered and you are going to want to go straight into book two.


Author's Website: Teri Hall

2 comments:

Wrighty said...

I liked this too and recently finished the second book. You have to read it! Such a good series! :)

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

This sounds a bit creepy but in a good way. Thanks for the tip about having book 2 on hand. I hate when a book leaves me wanting more and I have to wait to get the next book.