Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mailbox Monday & What Are You Reading

 Mailbox Monday was originally hosted by Marcia at the Printed page but now it is a traveling meme. This month it is being hosted by Metroreader.

I bought two books and these cool calendar bookmarks of London. Every month is a new photo of some place in London with a detachable calender so you can use them for years and years. Since I love and collect bookmarks, these are fantastic!
 The Beach - Alex Garland (bought. I love this movie and have heard the book was much better so have to read it)
Cruddy - Lynda Barry (bought. I know nothing about this book, other than the cover intrigues me and good reads had over 2k reviews with an average of 4 stars. Had to give it a shot)









It's Monday. What are you reading this week? Hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books. This is a meme to list the books completed last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finished this week.

Books I finished in the last week:




Books I am reading this week:

The Stranger You Seek - Amanda Kyle Williams
Harbor - John Ajvide Lindqvist (on the back burner for now)
Romeo & Juliet - William Shakespeare (work in progress)

Books to Finish This week:

The Stranger You Seek - Amanda Kyle Williams


18 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Cruddy catches my eye too! I am off to see your review of Life Ar We Knew It!

Mystica said...

The Stranger we seek caught my eye here! enjoy them all.

Marce said...

I'm interested in Stranger we Seek, hope you enjoy it.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Those London calendars sound nifty (okay that's an old term but I couldn't think of another other than cool!).
The Stranger You Seek sounds intriguing.
Enjoy your reading!

pussreboots said...

Cruddy does have an interesting cover.

This weekend we went on a mini-vacation. Since I was outside enjoying nature, I didn't get much reading done. Please stop by to see what I'm reading now.

Anonymous said...

They sound great. :)
My Monday Memes post

ShadowsTomes said...

I hope you enjoy all of your books this week! Seems like you have a fine selection! :) Happy Reading!


http://mustreadfaster.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-are-you-reading-monday-7.html

bermudaonion said...

Those bookmarks sound awesome! Oh, and the books do too. lol

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

These are new to me. Enjoy your new books!

gautami tripathy said...

Enjoy your new books! Those look good to me...
Here is my post!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Those bookmarks sound wonderful! I can see why Cruddy caught your eye! It is an interesting cover! I hope it is a good read!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! your books.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/mailbox-monday_20.html

Kaye said...

The book usually is better than the movie, imho. Enjoy!

Ryan said...

I read The Beach years ago, but don't remember that much about it. I think I liked it better than the movie. Have a great week.

Kat said...

I read The Beach last year, or maybe 2010, it is a bit different to the movie, so they are equally enjoyable but in different ways. Hope you enjoy it!

Abbi Hart said...

Hope you have a great reading week!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you enjoy reading The Beach as much as you did the movie!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize The Beach was a book first...the movie was somewhat haunting, I'm curious to see what the book is like.