Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

It happened ten years ago, and it stands out, and ever will stand out, in my memory like some dark, awful barrier dividing the happy, gleeful years of girlhood, with their foolish, petulant sorrows and eager, innocent joys, and the bright, lovely life which has been mine since. In looking back, that time seems to me shadowed by a dark and terrible brooding cloud, bearing in it's lurid gloom what, but for love and patience the tenderest and most untiring, might have been the bolt of death, or, worse a thousand times, of madness.

The Cedar Closet by Patrick Lafcadio Hearn. A short story in the Great Irish Tales of Horror pg 246. These have got to be the longest sentences I've used for Teaser Tuesday.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of adjectives! =) Sounds like a good book!

Jess. said...

Gleeful years of girlhood ...

I love it!

Mine is up at Find the Time to Read, it's zombie themed for the YA Zombie Appreciation Week :D

Andrea said...

That's some long but well-written sentences. Great teaser!
Here's mine

Susan said...

Wow - looks REALLY good :) Great teaser this week! My teaser accompanies a giveaway on my blog this week.

kayerj said...

I love the prose in this passage. It is so reflective. I love old Irish tales and it seems most of them are scary. Nicely done, and thanks for stopping by.

Tea said...

Ooooh, that's beautiful writing. I would love to read the book.

gautami tripathy said...

Great title!

Teaser Tuesdays: Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak

Ryan said...

Love, Love, Love, Love the Teaser. One of the best I have read yet. Thanks so much for sharing.

Amy said...

Yikes! Now, those are a couple of sentences!

Lizzy said...

Great teasers! I don't think I've ever seen a teaser tuesday that long that actually fit into two sentences

Zia said...

I know I kept thinking if the sentences were ever going to end.

Lisa said...

If it's all like that, I'm not sure I could read much of it. Lots and lots of adjectives. I hope you're enjoying it.

My teaser is here.

Cecelia said...

Mmm...definitely a lot of emotion in those memories! Nice teaser!

Thanks for coming by my blog!

sally906 said...

Mine was along sentence too this week.

very prosy:) Thanks for commenting on my teaser :)