Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted byMizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

It is the first day of November and so, today, someone will die.

Even under the brightest sun, the frigid autumn sea is all the colors of the night: dark blue and black and brown.

The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater pg. 1

14 comments:

The Book Faerie said...

Awesome teaser! I am so excited to read this book. It looks fantastic :D

My TT: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesdays-8.html

Donna said...

Well that is certainly attention grabbing as well as appropriate for late October! Nice choice! I've read some mixed reviews about the Scorpio Races, I'm curious to read it myself! Check out my teaser here

Demijel said...

Man, I really want to read this book. I hope you're enjoying it! Happy reading!

Demi @ Breaking Bookshelves

Wendi said...

YIKES! Someone must die... quite the tease... wonder if someone does...

Here's my Teaser from The Nine Lives of Christmas! ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

This is the second teaser I've seen today from this book and it sounds great. I think I may have to get hold of it...

Here's my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

Harvee said...

Very ominous.. Makes me want read more! Here's my tease from a mystery set in feudal Japan by Laura Joh Rowland - My tease

Anya Millar said...

Nice teaser... though a bit creepy. Thanks!

Here's my Teaser Tuesdays - House Millar series

Aine

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Oh, great teaser! What's so significant about November 1? Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

Tiffany Drew said...

Excellent teaser! I wasn't sure about this book but I think I might give it a chance now :)

My Teaser

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Great teaser. Maybe I will check this book out. Here's my Teaser.

Anonymous said...

Great teaser, hearing a lot about this one.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday_25.html

Mandy said...

I love Maggie Stiefvater! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy of The Scorpio Races, sounds amazing.

Great teaser!

Here's mine: http://vintagebookworm.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-12.html

Kelly said...

Great teaser! I'm waiting for my copy of this to come in the mail and I cannot wait!!

Check out my TT here!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh wow! First day of November... what has happened to set that as the day someone should die? I'm curious now!