Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Musing Mondays

This is a Meme hosted over at Should Be Reading:

This week’s musing asks…

Do you judge a book by its cover?

I'd like to say I don't but that would be a lie. It's sad but I do. I cover that is unattractive or just doesn't call to me will most likely be passed over by me as well. Rarely do I pick up a book whose cover doesn't call out to me in some way whether it be the title or the picture. Something on that cover has to call to me in order for me to wander its way. Once in a blue moon I'll pick up a book whose cover is less than in my eyes and I'll enjoy it but it's a rare occasion.

5 comments:

caite said...

I am not at all sure it is sad...aren't me expected to make some judgemant about a book by the cover?

Anonymous said...

The cover of a book is like an advert for the contents...

Here's my Musing Monday post. :)

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Yup, I agree. I'd like to say I don't but I'm a complete cover slut. If it doesn't stand out in a way, it's unlikely I'll pick it up.
Here's my MM post :)
Have a nice day,
Vicky xxx

Elaine Hurst said...

I am an artist, and therefore book covers really attract me. I have been attracted to a book by the cover, but it doesn't always mean it will be a good read.

Caressa (Bookish) said...

I agree. Here's my video version of this musing: http://bookishlybloggers.blogspot.com/2011/10/musing-monday-1017.html