Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted byMizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

Years ago, on a cold New Hampshire day, my brother and I tried to skate to Canada. It was still early December and our first full snow had not yet fallen, and the rivers and lakes around us became pale green mirrors reflecting sunlight back to the sky.

The World Around Us - Joseph Monninger pg. 1

11 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

very descriptive!!

Beth said...

Great teaser! I am still reading Georgette Heyer this week. Here is my teaser.

MeikkiBeibi said...

Good one, I recall skating to the closest town over our lake as well... skatings quite fun! :)

Here is my Teaser Tuesday - Wicked Chemistry entry!

Harvee said...

An excellent tease. Makes me want to read the book! Hope you'll visit my book teaser

Bex said...

It sounds like a wonderful scenario. I wonder how the skating trip went... Great teaser! :)

My teaser is from the wonderful and mysterious novel The Night Circus. The Night Circus.

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely. I am in Canada.

Here is mine if you are interested in visiting.
LOL that is an awesome teaser. I can just picture him saying that. Love it.

Here is mine if you are interested in visiting
The Deed - My teaser today

Unknown said...

I really like that teaser! Thanks for sharing!

Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday.html

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

fredamans said...

Great visual.

Anonymous said...

A picturesque teaser.

here's mine:

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday.html

кєяo said...

Love it. Are these the opening lines?

My Teaser