Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted byMizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

To the public eye, the spouses of well-known writers are all but invisible, and no one knew it better than Lisey Landon. Here husband had won the Pulitzer and he National Book Award, but Lisey had given only one interview in her life.

Lisey's Story - Stephen King pg.1

13 comments:

Marg said...

Oh, nice teaser! Straight away I want to know more about Lisey!

Here's my teaser for this week.

The Happy Booker said...

I haven't read a Stephen King book in such a long time. Great teaser! My teaser is from Angelfall by Susan Ee, here

Unknown said...

How sad! I haven't read Stephen King for a long time as well. In fact last one was The Shine. Eek, makes me feel old.
Anyhow, here's a teaser from Read@UTS
http://read.lib.uts.edu.au/2011/10/teaser-tuesdays-18-october-2011.html

Anonymous said...

I really must catch up on some more modern King - haven't read him in ages...

Here's my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

Kyanara_BJD said...

What a great teaser!!

Happy Tuesday

Kyanara

Jo K said...

Interesting teaser! Here is mine: http://beyondstrangenewwords.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-10.html

GatheringBooks said...

I would be interested to know what Stephen's King wife was like.

Kind of reminded me of the love story between Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath and all their issues. Hmm.. Makes for a great book, really.

Here's my TT for the week:
http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/teaser-tuesday-4-more-magic-clues-and-nerudas-poetry/

Anonymous said...

loved the teaser.

here's mine:

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday_18.html

Vicki said...

I have this one on my TBR shelf. Can't wait to get to it!

Unknown said...

I've never actually read anything by Stephen King, but this does sound interesting!

Tiffany Drew said...

I love Stephen King! I haven't read this one yet, but will probably do so eventually. I love his short story collections, they are awesome!

Tiffany
My Teaser

Amie@Mom Reads My Books! said...

Oh, this is one of my favorite Stephen King books! I was actually thinking about reading it again, soon! New follower! Here's my TT: Mom Reads My Books!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Thank you for the teaser. I don't think I've read many of his books. or any actually. *cringe* ;) Thank yoU!