Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A to Z Wednesday

Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!
To join, here's all you have to do:
Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.
Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)
4~ Come back here and leave your link in the comments
If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.
Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.
(We all love comments, don't we?)
Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: E

My "E" book is:


Eternal on the Water - Joseph Monninger

Synopsis (from B&N)

From the day Cobb and Mary meet kayaking on Maine's Allagash River and fall deeply in love, the two approach life with the same sense of adventure they use to conquer the river's treacherous rapids. But rivers do not let go so easily...and neither does their love. So when Mary's life takes the cruelest turn, she vows to face those rough waters on her own terms and asks Cobb to promise, when the time comes, to help her return to their beloved river for one final journey.

Set against the rugged wilderness of Maine, the exotic islands of Indonesia, the sweeping panoramas of Yellowstone National Park, and the tranquil villages of rural New England, Eternal on the Water is at once heartbreaking and uplifting — a timeless, beautifully rendered story of true love's power.

This was a B&N First Look Book Club pick and I just loved it. I'd recommend to anyone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book too! Thanks for playing!

Beth said...

Sounds like a great read. Here is my "E" book.

Unknown said...

It must be a good one - it's the second time i see it today :)

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a good read!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great minds think alike! Looks like a great read.

Here's mine:

http://weboftyranny.blogspot.com/2010/03/z-wednesday_10.html

Nise' said...

Your is the second recommendation I have read for this book.

Michelle said...

This really needs to be on my TBR list. I've seen it twice and it sounds really good.

My `E` is here: http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/03/encyclopedia-of-ancient-worldusborne.html

fredamans said...

I've had my eye on this book this past week.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/to-z-starts-with-e.html

Cindy said...

this sounds like a good book :)

jlshall said...

Sounds like a popular book! Must be a good one. I'll have to take a closer look.

DCMetroreader said...

Too funny -- I just reviewed this book. I agree it is a great one!

Deb said...

I liked this book too. I found the beginning a little unbelievable but the story was great and I grew to like the characters.