Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Pack - A Review

The Pack - LM Preston (Author for review)

Synopsis:

Shamira is considered an outcast by most, but little do they know that Shamira is on a mission. Kids on Mars are disappearing, but Shamira decides to use the criminals most unlikely weapons against them, the very kids of which they have captured. In order to succeed, she is forced to trust another, something she is afraid to do. However, Valens her connection to the underworld of her enemy, proves to be a useful ally. Time is slipping, and so is her control on the power that resides within her. Yet, in order to save her brother's life she is willing to risk it all.


My Thoughts:


Well this book certainly caught me off guard. When I first received this book, I was doubtful that it would end up being something that I enjoyed. For once, I am glad to say I was wrong.

I loved Shamira's character. In the beginning I wasn't sure what she was about, but as the story unfolded, I discovered just how strong of a character she really is. She's tough, sassy, angry, full of rage, sweet, caring and sensitive all rolled into one.

I also found the setting to be unique and refreshing. I don't normally read futuristic books but Preston made the book feel real.

The plot was a little slow in the beginning but man when it picked up pace, I found myself completely drawn in and wondering what would happen next.

In the end, the Pack was a quick, action filled read that I am glad to say, I enjoyed.

Author's Website: LM Preston

2 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Sounds great! I have this one on my wishlist :) Have a great weekend!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Great! :) Glad you enjoyed the book. I won this book and I'm waiting for it to come. I am looking forward to it. And your review makes it sound great. Thanks.