Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Bone Lake - A Review

Bone Lake - Drusilla Campbell (own)

Synopsis:

Eleven year old Callen Norgaard grew up as a member of the True Word Brethren, a racist cult teaching intolerance and hate - until the night a devastating fire kills her mother and puts her in the custody of the FBI. Ultimately, Callen is threatened by the cult, which fears she will betray them, and she must chose between a new life and loyalty to her old one.


My Thoughts:


Wow! I got this book a couple of years ago after reading a review by an old book blog friend J.Kaye. I can't believe I waited this long to read it. 



Callen is this strong, scared, scarred trouble little girl who grew up in the midst of a cult. When her parents are killed the FBI put her with her Aunt and Uncle in hopes that it will jog her memory of the night. It was interesting to watch Callen's perspectives shift and change through out the book. Such a strong little girl. I was immediately drawn to her character. I felt this protective urge flare up as I read. 

I picked it up and had it done in less than two days. I was sucked in from page one. It's the kind of book that is so fast paced you don't want to put it down.  What kept me really going in this book was waiting for the other shoe to drop. It was just one of those reads where you knew it was going to happen, but you just didn't know what or when.  

Author's Website: Drusilla Campbell

2 comments:

Irene said...

It does sound very interesting.

Ryan said...

It's always those books that we keep putting off that surprise us the most. I'm glad you finally read it and enjoyed it as much as you did.