Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Iron Daughter - A Review

The Iron Daughter - Julie Kagawa (own)


Overview

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

My Thoughts:

Wow!! I'm always wondering if a second book in a series will be as good as the first. I can honestly say this one is! I was drawn straight back into this world, feeling like I never left. While I think this was a bit slower paced than the first, there was plenty of action to go around. Lots of OMG moments to be had.

The characters I fell in love with in the first book, made me love them more. A few new characters were introduced that I loved as well. Some more than others. Some questions answered, more questions posed and left unanswered. Hopefully to be answered in the coming books. Did I mention the cliffhanger? A mix between a subtle one and a drop of a hammer one.

I desperately want to pick up the next book, but will patiently wait for my book reading buddies to get caught up before I do. I am having a blast doing reading chats on this series.

Author's Website: Julie Kagawa

2 comments:

Irene said...

sounds wonderful.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

lol. I hear you! I can't wait to get into Iron Queen. :) I'm going to start on the First of July as I have to get through a few books for review and such first. But I'm really enjoying this series. This one is definitely better than the first in my book too. :) Great review.