Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

The waiting ferryboat--ivory-colored and two-tiered--resembled a slice of cake. Or maybe I was just hungry, I reasoned as I hurried across the dock, my duffel bag bumping my hip.

Sea Change - Aimee Friedman, pg. 1

16 comments:

Irene said...

Good one. Zia.

Jennifer said...

Excellent choice and I often think things resemble food, especially when hungry. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-bird-house.html

A Backwards Story said...

I love this book so much. I keep hoping there will be a companion novel someday. I really enjoyed this book. Your teaser makes me want to re-read it!

Jules said...

I've never heard of this book before but I love the imagery. Great teaser!

Marg said...

You need to be really hungry to think a boat looks like food!

My teaser this week is from a short story, something I rarely read!

Beth F said...

I've been wanting to read this one ... I love teasers that make reference to food.

Shirley said...

Sounds yummy! And the book sounds good too! ;)

Here's my Teaser.

Belinda said...

Funny how everything looks like food when your hungry. You can find mine at The Bookish Snob Happy Reading!

fredamans said...

Now I'm hungry too.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_22.html

gautami tripathy said...

Very good teaser. I will check it out. Looking at all those teassers only makes my tbr pile longer! So many books, so less time to read, so less space to keep!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Out At Night by Susan Arnout Smith post!

Me My Shelf And I said...

nice, I will definitly be looking this one up! Here's mine:

http://www.memyshelfandi.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-march-22.html

I'm also a new follower - hope you'll stop by and follow back! :0)

Tribute Books Mama said...

sounds like a good one, stop and see mine.

Mama Zen said...

Nice teaser!

Sally said...

Nice teaser going to have to check this one out.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-11.html

Lori said...

I hope that you are enjoying your book. Here is my Teaser For Tuesday.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh wow. Never really thought of a ferry boat as a food item. :) I love it! :) Thanks for the teaser.