Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Roundup



It has been a long time since I've done one of these posts but I just had to write up what I did this weekend.

Friday we spent over at friends house just hanging and visiting, always a great time but what really made the weekend awesome, was seeing Hal Sparks perform at the Helium Comedy Club in Portland, Oregon!

I've been such a fan of his for years so getting to see him perform was amazing! We had fantastic seats too, just a few meager feet away from the stage. There were two great opening comedians who got all the laughs started. But Hal stole the stage with his act. He is one hell of a funny man and if you ever get the chance to see him perform, you should! For those of you not aware of who he is, he is an actor/comedian from the showtime show Queer as Folk, Talk soup and various other stuff. He is super funny and all around nice guy.

Then to make it even better I got to meet him after the show and managed to take a good picture for once lol. My friend Di, is the other lovely lady in the picture (on the right). We took her and her hubby up for an early birthday present.

Sunday we headed back up to Portland to visit one of my favorite store's Powell's Books. Bet you can't guess why it's a favorite store of mine? =) I am very proud of myself and only bought one book even if I am on a self imposed book buying ban.

Afterwards we walked down to Voodoo Doughnuts to pick up some of their very yummy doughnuts. They are a very popular shop in Portland and there was a line outside of the building. I just had to try their bacon maple bar doughnut and oddly enough it's pretty dang tasty. I would've never guessed lol.


Anyways it's been a hell of a great weekend and I'm sorry it's over and that it's back to work tomorrow.

1 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh, you look like you where having such a great time! And a wonderful picture that is! So glad you had a great weekend. :)