Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

The Scene in the Garvin High School cafeteria, known as the commons, is being described as "grim" by investigators who are working to identify the victims of a shooting spree that erupted Friday morning.

Hate List - Jennifer Brown pg 1 (It's only one sentence but I felt it packed enough of a punch by itself)

12 comments:

Lynne Perednia said...

Hate List does a wonderful job of tracing the heroine's journey back after that horrific event.

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is an intense teaser for the first page. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-the-devils-star.html

Wendi said...

Wow - really kind of makes you take a step back and think about that teaser. Thanks for sharing. :)

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Harvee said...

A school shooting - intense!
My tease: The Anthologist: A Novel

Kaye said...

Ooh, gave me the chills. Have a great week and happy reading! Here is my Teaser

Belinda said...

I bet this is an amazing book because this teaser is intense. Hope you're enjoying it!
You can find mine at The Bookish Snob

Sally said...

Great teaser. This ones going on my wishlist.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-7.html

Lisa said...

I just picked this book up the other day. It looks like such a wonderful book with a great message, yet an emotionally troubling read.

fredamans said...

I just realized I've had this book on my tbr for about a year now.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday_21.html

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday-shes-all-that.html

Marg said...

Intense way to start a book!

Here is my teaser for this week.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This does sound like a chilling read...great teaser.

Here's MY TEASER TUESDAYS POST