Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Eternity Cure - A Review

The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa (NetGalley)

Summary:
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.


My Thoughts:


I was so glad to get the opportunity to read and review this book. I love this author and can't seem to get enough of her books. This one did not disappoint!

What I like most about this series is simply, Vampires are vampires. They are not all goody goody and they have no qualm about killing. Most of them don't. Some like Allison have consciences but even she kills when she has too.  Julie didn't create this plain boring world. Her world is dark and dank and full of monsters. 

I liked that she brought Jackel back and Zeke. She introduced us to some new enemies this time around and boy are they evil. I thought she was going to leave a very big cliffhanger but in the end I think she had second thoughts and while it's obvious there will be another book, I almost wish she had left the cliffhanger. 

Solid book 2 and I would like to read book 3 now. 

Author's Website: Julie Kagawa

3 comments:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I'm glad Zeke returned-I liked him so much and I can't believe what is going to happen in book 3 around him!

Julie said...

One of my fave authors with yet another winner! Thanks for the review!

Ryan said...

This is one of those books that fall into a genre I'm not a huge fan of, but I'm so in love with the cover, that I may be able to overcome my issues.